Here are a couple of steps on how to reorganise, get rid and get wearing your winter woolies again:
- Take out all Spring/Summer inspired clothing items/accessories from your wardrobe and lay them out on your bed or floor
- Create a yes, no, maybe pile of these items. No items (such as things you haven't even worn this summer or items that you would be embarrassed to give to a friend can go to the charity shop or a clothing recycling point). Be ruthless and try and decrease the items in the maybe pile
- With your 'yes' pile sort into categories like skirts, shorts, beachwear, dresses etc. Set aside a vac pac bag (try these from http://www.lakeland.co.uk/p20960/Pack-Mate%C2%AE-Stack-%26-Vac-Bags from Lakeland) or plastic boxes (so many boxes to choose from http://www.plasticboxshop.co.uk/home-storage-109-c.asp) and fill each container with the same category. Make sure you label the bag or box
- Find some space to store your Summer clobber - perhaps you have some space under your bed, in another wardrobe, shelving or even the garage/loft (make sure the boxes/bags are completely sealed) and completely forget about these items....unless you plan to go away to an exotic location during our colder months!
- At this point you probably have so much more space available inside the wardrobe! Get out your winter warmers - jumpers, cardigans, scarves, tights, jeans etc.
- Try and hang everything up in category or colour to make your job easier in the morning when you can't quite figure out what to wear!
- Make sure accessories are easy to reach but neatly stored in storage boxes or drawers
- Sit back, relax, have a cuppa and admire your decluttered wardrobe :)
Hope this helps to get you organised...why don't you try and declutter your wardrobe this weekend? Would love to hear from you if you do!
Until next time....