Friday 13 April 2012

Being a Bridesmaid

Well....what an absolute honour! I have been asked, along with my closest friends from school (N, A & P), to be Katie's bridesmaid.  I haven't been a bridesmaid since 1999 when I was a school girl, so I am really looking forward to being a grown up b-maid!

We have all known eachother now since secondary school.  We have all shared so much together like the school prom, holidays, GCSE's, A-Levels, nights out, nights in, cocktails, boy talk, tears, tantrums, sad times and fun times.  I am so pleased that we have all remained close since I left Chelmsford in 2007.  We tend to meet up at least 3 times a year if we can.

Now two of my closest friends are engaged to be the Mrs to their Mr's :) I am so happy for them both and I am so excited to share such a special time with them.  Being a wedding and event planner, I guess I get more excited than others to a certain extent.  I deal with weddings every working day and don't get bored of it!  I would like to think that the girls could ask for advice about trends and general organisation.



Although I deal with weddings on a daily basis, I am a bit rusty on the old bridesmaid duties and what is expected of us, so I did a bit of research and came up with the following:

  • helping the bride shop for her dress and bridesmaids’ dresses

  • when asked, giving advice on decorations, favors, music, and more

  • helping the maid of honor to plan a bridal shower, and, if appropriate, chipping in for the costs of food, decorations, or venue

  • helping to plan a hen party

  • helping the bride dress (and stay calm) before the ceremony

  • providing moral support at all times

  • being useful at the wedding reception. The couple may ask you to help direct guests to the guestbook, assist with a special moment, make sure that suppliers have arrived, or do crisis management.

  • being social. Be sure to talk to as many guests as you can, making them feel warmly welcomed. If there's a dance floor, help get the party going!


  • We are all so excited we could burst.  2013 is going to be a good year.  Congratulations Nicola and Katie!

    xxx

    No comments:

    Post a Comment