Tuesday 10 April 2012

Moving House?

If like me you are moving house very soon, there is quite alot to think about! I have 1 month to organise my move and relocation, you may have more time. 



Couple of to do's before the big move:


  • You need to inform a variety of people of your new address such as: DVLA, car insurance, house insurance, TV licence, Internet/phone provider, loyalty schemes such as tesco clubcard or nectar, utility providers, banks and building societies, council tax and schools
  • Contact the new local doctors surgery, dentists and opticians and register your details
  • Start packing.  You can gather free cardboard boxes from supermarkets or local businesses.  Start with the items you don't use very often and then closer to the time finish with your everyday items but keep the boxes open and accessible
  • Organise a removal firm such as www.mrgrays.co.uk or a nationwide firm if you have a lots of belongings!  Alternatively (and like me) how about hiring a van try http://www.selfdrivevanhire.co.uk/
Relocating is exciting....

If I am honest I am a bit nervous about relocating.  I love where I am now but for me and Mr B to be together we have to make sacrifices.  The town we are moving to though has so much Cotswold charm and is very up and coming. 

Here are a few pointers when relocating:
  • Join a local club/society in something that you enjoy - in my case this will be AmDram! You will meet so many people
  • Check out local websites for the latest news
  • Read the local newspaper - familiarise yourself with the area
  • Go on some walks in your new location - you see so much more than travelling in a car
  • Join a fitness class at the local leisure centre
  • Pop for a drink at the local pub
  • Say hello to your new neighbours.....introduce yourself - what are you waiting for?!
  • If you are a business owner join a local networking group and get your name out there

If you need some assistance with the moving process or relocating, please contact me at info@thelifestyler.co.uk for affordable and helpful support.

Good Luck with the move! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment